-->

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Favorites....


Favorite Christmas.....

CD- Harry Connick, When My Heart finds Christmas

Movie-Miracle on 34th St

TV Movie - A Christmas Carol starring Patrick Stewart

Kid's Program-A Charlie Brown Christmas

Food-My Mom's Homemade Fudge...it's not any of that evaporated milk crap

Song-Traditional....O Holy Night.... Non-Traditional..... I Pray on Christmas, Harry Connick

Book-The Christmas Box

Memory-When Kirsten was 9 and Kaitlyn 7 Mom wrote the girls a book, Annie and Betsy's Colorado Christmas. I bought them each a doll, Annie and Betsy...and Mom, Jeff and I made them the dolls clothes and furniture and quilts. We read the book out loud and as we got to the appropriate spot in the book the girls would open a box and their doll would get the dress, nightgown or quilt that was mentioned in the book. IT TOOK HOURS...and it was GREAT!

My next favorite is the Christmas my Mom bought me the "Sunshine Family" a Barbie type family...but they were hippies. Then she hand sculpted all of these TINY dishes that were painted green with daisies in the middle and all of this TINY little food.

Okay...It's December and I can NOW talk about Christmas without getting mad.


Here's the deal. I really do LOVE Christmas. I USUALLY start my Christmas planning as soon as the kids go back to the school at the end of August. I start wanting to listen to Christmas music right after Halloween. I decorate the day after Thanksgiving and I start planning my Christmas baking soon after.


This year....not so much.


Our impending move, separation from family, financial issues and Jeff's being in WA so much have just kinda crushed the Christmas Spirit right out of me.


Soooo....I thought I would post my list of Christmas "faves"..... and maybe when you guys come across them in the days to come....you'll send up a little prayer for me. That the trials of this "season" of my life....not rob me of the of the joys of this "Christmas" Season.

Lyrics...I Pray on Christmas
I pray on Christmas That the Lord will see me through
I pray on Christmas He'll show me what to do
I pray on Christmas He'll help me understand
And I pray on Christmas He'll take me by the hand
I pray on Christmas That the sick will soon be strong
I pray on Christmas The Lord will hear my song
I pray on Christmas That God will lead the way
And I pray on Christmas He'll get me through another day
I pray on Christmas I pray on Christmas
I pray on Christmas He'll get me through another day
I pray on Christmas All our problems gonna be worked out
I pray on Christmas God'll show us what love's about
I pray on Christmas To do your will each day
And I pray on Christmas That I'll be with you in heaven some day
I pray on Christmas Oh, the sick will soon be strong
I pray on Christmas The Lord will hear my song
I pray on Christmas That God will lead the way
And I pray I really pray on Christmas He'll get me through another day
He'll get me through another day...

Picture is me...my first Christmas 1967





No comments: