-->

Friday, October 3, 2008

Change of seasons...




With three teenagers...two of them drivers...two of them in High School and one recently graduated....our house officially has a revolving door.

It seems that no sooner has one of our children come home...that they are kissing me goodbye!

Kirsten works full time at Starbucks...she opens many mornings...and closes many nights. She is a social butterfly with many friends and pretty regular trips to dollar bowling night and Karaoke at the local coffee shop.

Kaitlyn is a Jr who drives her and her brother to and from school. She is a member of a couple of groups at school, works three days a week after and joins her sister on her social outings whenever she can.

Keaton is a Freshman who is a reading buddy for a third grader at the library and has a part in his high school production of Dracula. He,of course, joins his sisters as they run all over town and loves to sing whatever classic rock song that strikes his fancy at Karaoke.

I am very happy that my children are happy, healthy, active, productive and enjoy each others company as well as the company of their friends.

AND...I am torn between this happiness and the surprise/loss I still feel ever time my girls grab their keys and head out the door with their own money and their brother in tow.

BUT....I am also surprised at the peace I have when they are all out together. I know that Kirsten will make wise choices as to the safety of her siblings and that Keaton's shear size will more than likely keep strange young men from making unwanted advances towards his very pretty sisters.

I don't know what any of this means. I am just rambling about the change in our lives I am not sure I am ready for.

I guess I need to get ready huh?

ANYWAY...here are some highs and lows of September 2008.

Highs...
Kirsten turned 19 on the 16th.
Kaitlyn turned 17 on the 25th.
My mom came to visit.
Jeff and I went on a nice picnic in the mountain with our friends Kate and Noah.
We had our first night of Saturday Night Supper club with our friends the Anguianos and the Barnetts. Looking forward to more.
The new season of CHUCK started.
FALL FINALLY GOT HERE!!!!

Lows...
My mom's visit was only two days long due to a snafu at work.
I can not seem to do the "crafty" things I would like to do for my friends and family and it is SERIOUSLY bumming me out.
Kaitlyn was in a minor fender bender which was not her fault...but it really upset her.
Paul Newman died.

2 comments:

Carol Stoffel said...

Facebook or not, I still love your blogs.

Kath said...

Yea! A new post!
Fall is the best!
Love ya-
Kath