-->

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Morning Star....

I started a blog because someone suggested I should. Something about me needing to share everything.... ;)
I love doing it...but sometimes there are things I want to share and I know that not everyone has the time to read yet another blog.
Today is one of those days.

So if you got this in an email....and are now reading it online and suffering some weird sort of de ja vu I apologize.


I am sharing yet ANOTHER quote from Spurgeon with you. If it encourages just ONE person the way it encouraged me then I feel the effort to post it here as well as in an email it is well worth the effort.

It ties in so well with what our Pastor's wife, Diane, shared on Sunday. She speaks every Mother's Day and Jeff and I always look forward to what she has to say. This year she spoke on stress...and about being in the "right before"....and I have already had the opportunity to share what she spoke on with several people.

Jeff and I know we are not the only people in our "circle" who are experiencing SEVER stress at this time. Ours may not be the same as yours...or your FRIEND who is experiencing stress....but stress is stress.

If you are going through a hard time. TELL SOMEONE!!! Let them help to lift you up in prayer when you are unable to do it yourself. Let them hold your hand, give you a hug, take you to coffee.

What the enemy would LOVE most is for us to be separated from our SPHERE. He does not WANT us to fellowship...to speak of our problems. He WANTS us to hide in a dark room where he can whisper his lies.




So....Read this. Read it several times. REALLY READ IT. Soak it in. Dwell on it. And then tell me you are NOT amazed buy not only it's simpleness...but it's poetic nature....and it's TRUTH!!!

And I will give him the morning star. (Revelation 2:28)

It is best to see Jesus as the sun; but when we cannot do so, the next best thing is to see Him as that star which prophesies the day and shows that the eternal light is near at hand.

If I am not today all that I hope to be, yet I see Jesus, and that assures me that I shall one day be like Him.

A sight of Jesus by faith is the pledge of beholding Him in His glory and being transformed into His image.

If I have not at this hour all the light and joy I could desire, yet I shall have it; for as surely as I see the morning star I shall see the day. The morning star is never far from the sun.


C. Spurgeon

No comments: