-->

Sunday, November 11, 2007

If you're looking for a movie check these out.....

The kids and I have seen a few movies on DVD lately that have really impressed me. It may have been a big coincidence but all of these movies carry a common theme....or I am just super sensitive and see this theme in EVERYTHING. The theme....community...and the fact that we can NOT get through this life separated from it.

First.....Reign over me. Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle....who are both GREAT in this movie buy the way. Rated R....for sexual references and language. If you can get past these things I HIGHLY recommend it. I have been very hesitant to watch any movies concerning 9/11. It is just too hard for me. They don't just made me cry...they make me quit breathing. The trailers make me quit breathing! But this movie is about the aftermath...what has happened to those left behind. And although it made me cry they were tears born out of truth.

Next.....In the Land of Women. Meg Ryan, Adam Brody, Kristen Stewart. Quirky,chick flick, good date movie, great soundtrack. Once again....how do we get through the difficult times in our lives without the help of others?

And last.....Evan Almighty. DON'T LAUGH!!! I SERIOUSLY challenge ANY believer to watch this movie and NOT be blown away by the strong themes of family... and following God at all costs. OF COURSE it is silly....and there are probably serious theological flaws.... but the good FAR outweighs the bad. I LOVE Evan's prayer!

Once again....the themes of family, community and communication are VERY strong through all of these movies. Rent them if you haven't already!!

No comments: