-->

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Praying for the one I have yet to meet....

It is the most unusual sensation to be separated from my unborn grandson by a few fragile layers of fabric and skin and tissue. Sometimes, when I have my hands on my daughter's perfectly round belly, I can feel him right there on the other side, and although I have had three children of my own...I am in awe of God's most perfect creation.

I'll be real honest with you, I wanted him to be a her. And my reasons were all incredibly selfish I know. If he were a she,some things, given the particular set of circumstances we are dealing with, would just be easier to handle. AND...I could make all sorts of cute toys, and the clothes are cuter and I know more girl's books to buy. But...following along in God's theme for my life. His plans are not my own.

The fact that my first grandchild was indeed a boy had BARELY begun to settle in when God reminded me what AMAZING men I have in my life and I was prompted in my spirit to create a list of "Attributes of a Godly Man". It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. With a little help from some of the Godly men in my life...by example and a with a couple of emails...and GOd's word,this list has grown quite long.

I am sure my list is not complete, and it seems that daily God gives me scriptures to pray and generational issues to "come against" and I am constantly reminded to shore up those hedges of protection,plead the blood of the Lamb over him,and for the protection of God's warrior angels.....

WHEW!! Maybe God gives us grandparents because there is too much ground for our parents to cover on their own!

And because there IS so much to pray for/about, I am sure that God is fine with my "cheat sheet"...and here it is!

Lord,I pray that my grandson is righteous,humble,truthful,blameless in your sight,honorable,generous,that he fear you and you alone,that he is prosperous,steadfast,that he trusts you, that he is loving, kindhearted, sensitive,gracious,compassionate,obedient to you and his parents, strong, healthy,trustworthy,hardworking,faithful,self-controlled and able to resist the temptations of the world, temperate, respectful, hospitable, teachable, sincere, that he be able to keep hold of the deep truths of faith,that he is hopeful,full of peace, gentle, enduring and that he find salvation at an early age as to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit and able to fulfill all that you have for his life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your prayer. I plan on copying it to say over my unborn son.