-->

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Time Travelers Daughter.....

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
I just left my oldest child at the airport....by herself....cause she's gonna fly....by herself!! How can a child who at one time couldn't even wear shoes because her feet were too fat fly by herself!?!

Yes, I know that one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.....and she couldn't even WALK when her feet were too fat to wear shoes....but that's just one of the KOOKY things about being a parent....time seems to have no meaning.

The memory of Kirsten driving home through a snowstorm after taking her SATs a few months ago is just folded on top of the one from her first day of preschool,on top of the one when she used her Tinkerbell makeup set to make stage makeup and give her sister a perfect black eye, on top of the one from the day she met her first youth directer Pastor Mark, or when she was dedicated or when she drove me home after getting her drivers license or when she did imitations of Mick Jagger when she could barely walk or when she was baptized in the backyard by her daddy and her Uncle Ken when she was ten.

I love Sci-Fi...and my favorite sub-category of Sci-Fi is time travel. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that my memories are not exactly chronological. They are all just folded in and amongst themselves and the memory of seeing Kirsten for the first time is no less clear than the one of her watching her walking away at the curb of DIA just a few hours ago.

Keaton tried to explain to me the other day that Einstein theorized that time travel was not possible and why. The details escape me...as does MUCH of what he tries to tell me about science ;). Maybe I was was intentionally blocking it out because I love Einstein...and if he didn't think time travel was possible I don't want to know! I WANT to believe in time travel...and until the day when it becomes reality....

I'll just travel back and forth in time....in my memories.

Oh...and BTW.....Kirsten is flying to WA so that she can help her Dad drive all of of his stuff back here. Hmmm...flying by herself....helping her dad make a 24hr drive...I didn't have to give her any spending money because she has her own from working 3 days a week....guess I might have to admit she MIGHT...POSSIBLY....be close to being an adult. ;)

2 comments:

Kath said...

Beautiful picture of Kirsten! She's way too beautiful for her own good...
Love,
Kath

Anonymous said...

Oh...and what a precious, amazing, delightful adult she is becoming...thanks to a mom and dad who demonstrate sacrificial love and acceptance at every turn, cheering on every stage of life while clinging to the promises of the Eternal God and Father. You are blessed indeed.