-->

Monday, April 21, 2008

Saved at 14...still stumped at 41....

I am beginning to think that I know NOTHING about what it means to live life as an adult and a "believer". Well...maybe not "beginning", I know that I have felt this way before. The thought seems more insistent to me this time though.

I know I AM a believer...and what brought me to this place. I know that as a believer I am not only saved from "the pits of hell" but also guaranteed a place beside my Heavenly Father for all of eternity.

What I do not fully grasp, after nearly 30 years, is what I am to be about AS a believer.

I am not looking for formulas...."take one daily devotional washed down with a glass of today's entry of "read through the Bible in a year".

What I am searching for is the peace that is supposed to come with the saving knowledge of Christ. NOT the peace that comes from the knowledge of an eternity spent with my creator.... Like I stated before, THAT I get!

I am longing for the peace that comes from the KNOWING that I am living in HIS will.

I do not wish to be "blown about" by the "winds of change" or "social consciousness". anymore.

What I believe is..... "social consciousness" born out of anything but the leading of the Holy Spirit(which comes only from a one on one relationship with Christ..which comes only through salvation)....is just WORKS....CHAFF...and WILL be "burned up".

SOOO...back to my original thoughts! How do I come to a place in my relationship with my Heavenly Father where I have peace that I am living in HIS will?....WITH THE KNOWLEDGE that I WILL make mistakes because I am human.

I DO NOT wish to continue to follow Peter Cottontail halfway down the rabbit trail before I realize that I have missed "it" ANY MORE.

I am getting to old for this crap! I NEED to about HIS work...Kingdom work...the work of the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God thus stated.....

The kingdom of God is the rule of an eternal sovereign God over all creatures and things (Psalms 103:19; Daniel 4:3). The kingdom of God is also the designation for the sphere of salvation entered into at the new birth (John 3:5-7), and is synonymous with the “kingdom of heaven.”

The kingdom of God embraces all created intelligence, both in heaven and earth that are willingly subject to the Lord and are in fellowship with him. The kingdom of God is therefore, universal in that it includes created angels and men. It is eternal, as God is eternal, and it is spiritual—found within all born-again believers. We enter the kingdom of God when we are born again, and we are then part of that kingdom for eternity. It is a relationship "born of the spirit" (John 3:5) and we have confident assurance that it is so because the Spirit bears witness with our spirits (Romans 8:16).

God is sovereign, omnipotent, omniscient and the ruler over all of His creation. However, the designation "the kingdom of God" compasses that realm which is subject to God and will be for eternity. The rest of creation will be destroyed. Only that which is part of the "kingdom of God" will remain.

AND...just for the record....I believe the Kingdom is "at hand"...AND...for all of eternity. We need to be working by and through the PROMPTING of the Holy Spirit NOW and not just sitting around on our butts.

AARRGG!! Which brings me around the the original topic YET AGAIN.....

What am I supposed to be about as a believer?

P.S. All Scripture and/or text references that may lead me to answers to the last question would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Amen, sister. I feel the same way. All I know is Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Sometimes, He's all I've got- and even then, I feel clueless! I'm just going to keep on trying to get to know Him. Whatever that means, however it means.
Love,
Kath