-->

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fear

I am having a lot of fear today. It has been building since yesterday afternoon. Fear of the unknown. Fear for the future. Fear of loss.

I am not getting answers to the questions I am asking. Answers that I need to make decisions. Lack of information means that I can not formulate a plan...and this causes me fear. This fear then renders me unable to do the things I need to do. So I literally become "paralyzed" by fear.

I WANT to move ahead. I have a million things I need to be doing...but everything has come to a screeching halt because I do not know how to move ahead...or if I even need to move ahead on certain things.

This fear also causes me to move backward...it brings up the past and things I thought I had laid to rest come alive again.

I understand where the fear is coming from. I understand that God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. This morning I have prayed about it, I have journaled about it and I will spend some time searching the word. The only other thing I now to do, since there is no physical course of action to take in this particular matter...and things REALLY are out of my control, is to ask OTHERS for prayer.

So if you have a moment, please pray for me. In whatever way you see fit. And if you have any favorite "fear" scriptures...send them my way!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We had Taylor memorize this verse when she was having a lot of nightmares:

"fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:13

I've found that when I'm fearful, I'm not trusting.

And, this, I just like...

He is a promise keeper
You say :
"It’s impossible."

God says :
“All things are possible.” (Luke 18:27)


You say :
“I’m too tired.”

God says :
“I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say :
“I can’t go on .”

God says :
“My grace is sufficient.” (2 Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)


You say :
“I can’t figure things out.”

God says :
“I will direct your steps.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)


You say :
“I can’t do it.”

God says :
“You can do all things.” (Philippians 4:13)


You say :
“I’m not able.”

God says :
“I am able.” (2 Corinthians 9:8)

You say:
“It’s not worth it.”

God says :
“It will be worth it” (Roman 8:28)


You say :
“I can’t manage.”

God says :
“I will supply all your needs.” (Philippians 4:19)


You say :
“I’m afraid.”

God says :
“I have not given you a spirit of fear.” (2 Timothy 1:7)


You say :
“I’m always worried and frustrated.”

God says :
“Cast all your cares on me.” (1 Peter 5:7)


You say :
“I feel all alone.”

God says :
“I will never leave you or forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)



"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26