-->

Friday, January 14, 2011

Ophiuchus, Birthdays and Turf Toe

Yesterday was my 44th birthday.

I'm not real hung up on my age. Some days I feel like I am 19 again. Some days I feel like I am about 99. Most of the time I'm not even aware of my age unless one of my lovely children mentions it. And then I just laugh to myself because I know that one day they will receive their comeuppance!

Age means nothing when you are married to someone who makes you laugh every day...which I am. Yesterday my goofy husband took a REALLY HORRIBLE birthday and turned it upside down. He came home from work early. Took me to Chick-Fil-A and the feed store (Yes, it is the little things in life that make me happy!) and accompanied me to my podiatrist office. You see, I fell down a few stairs the other night and managed to give myself "turf toe". Basically I damaged the soft tissue at the base of my big toe and will have to tape my toe and wear a BEAUTIFUL "moon shoe" for three weeks. LOVELY HUH!?! And for those keeping track...NO...it was not the LEFT ankle I broke and have been dealing with for years. It was the RIGHT foot that I had surgery on December a year ago. ;)

My age seems to be weighing more on me this year because we have a grandson on the way...but I am aware of the fact that the only things keeping me from being a cool hip Grammy is my weight and my white hair. Both of which I will be working on this year. The Washington branch of my WONDERFUL family sent me a Wee Fit for my birthday because they knew I wanted one, and once I get the all clear from my doc I will be yelling wee wee wee all the way to a smaller pair of jeans!

Anyway...the point is this. I don't CARE if I am 44. My husband, my sister-in-law and my best friend will always be older than I am!! :) And my heart is young...most days,and on the days it is not...I always have the love of my life to make me laugh.

Yesterday I started to read an interesting article about how the constellations have shifted so you may not be the astrological sign you thought you were. This morning my son brought it up again so I went online and looked at some more articles.

First...this is old news. As a matter of fact is like 2,000 year old news! Which from a SPIRITUAL standpoint I find very interesting.

Second...I am not the least bit surprised. The boy and I had learned about this shift on an episode of Stargate SG1 a while back. Something to do with not being able to reach certain stargates because of the shift...

Third...If you believe that the stars have any control over your life you've got more things to worry about than having a new SIGN!

I MUST admit though,it is a little weird to have spent my whole life as a Capricorn to wake up on the DAY of my 44th birthday and find out that I am a SAGITTARIUS!

Oh well, given the theme of my life right now...which would be CHANGE...it is almost fitting. So, I'm just gonna roll with it. At least I'm not an Ophiuchus!

Here's the new line up if you are interested.

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
*Discarded by Babylonians B.C. because wanted 12 signs per year, not 13 even though there were 13 constellations

Gotta run! I need to get busy because we are having friends over for dinner tomorrow night. It is a combined celebration for my birthday and the birthday of my husband...who, by the way...gets to remain a Capricorn!

No comments: