-->

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I will search for the one my heart loves. SOS 3:2

With thine whole heart seek him, and he will be found of thee: only give thyself thoroughly up to the search, and verily, thou shalt yet discover him to thy joy and gladness. ~ Charles Spurgeon

Today I will begin a new journey. I pray that a shaky 21 day fast from FB and Coke, and a very feeble attempt at reading through the Bible in 90 days(although my spouse has done wonderfully in both matters) has laid some groundwork for the somewhat longer journey I now embark upon,and that by the grace of God and through his power I will see it through to it's completion.

Three weigh on my heart heart. One leaving, one yet to arrive, one ever present. It is my hope that in my attempt to honor what I feel the Lord is calling me to, I will find not the answers my flesh desires but that I will come to a deeper understanding of the one my heart loves.

To deny one's flesh is a notion long forgotten by our society...and is a form of sacrifice. To love is to sacrifice. I will search for the one my heart loves through sacrifice. My sacrifice is unworthy of the three who weigh on my heart...but it is all I have.

From my journal....

This day, O' Lord, I come before you and offer up my meager sacrifice. I pray that you take it and that it is pleasing to you. I pray that as I embark upon this search for the one I love you will prepare the way for those of this world whom you have laid upon my heart. Make their path smooth and do not let them stumble. Build up their physical bodies and strengthen their hearts. Hold them in the palm of your hand as they are fully formed and pass from one phase of life to another. Allow them to know you in a way born only of the Holy Spirit and fill them with the knowledge that they are loved.

No comments: