-->

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Me Time", "Miller Time" or "Lap Time"?

http://www.crosswalk.com/11644566/page0/

I have suffered from stress issues since I was a small child. The doctors think I had an ulcer in the first grade, in middle school I was convinced that I had immaculately conceived because I felt like I was going to throw up EVER MORNING before school, I have suffered from migraines since I was a teenager,I have TMJ and I suffer from various other IBS symptoms.It is something I deal with on a daily basis.

Just recently I discovered "lap time" with my Heavenly Father. It is not something I was specifically taught. It was a discovery born out of desperation. Some days I only need a few minutes of my fathers time ...some days I need several hours. It is the only way I have made it through the last few months without imploding. I wish that my parents had been given this information when they were children so that they could pass it down to my brothers and I...so that I would have had it when my own children were small

I am sure that all of these things are why I feel led to share this article in as many ways possible. You may not need this information and if you do not "PRAISE GOD!!"...but you might know someone who does. OR...if "lap time" is something you already practice on your own...you may not have considered how to deal with your CHILD'S stress...or that they even HAVE stress!

BTW...my mom will be reading this...and she understands that I in no way hold her responsible for MY stress issues. We have discussed, at length, how as believers, each generation grows and gains more tools to pass on to the next generation. My grandmother had very few as she was saved in her mid forties but with each generation since...we grow stronger and stronger.

So anyway...read the article contained in the link at the top of this page...practice the points with your children, or if you do not have children yet... practice them yourself so that you will be able to pass then down to the next generation of believers in your family!

No comments: