-->

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Overcoming Brain Pain and Clumsiness With the Power of the Internet

A three day migraine. A small fall down the stairs in the middle of the night. A request from the podiatrist office that I stay off of my feet for a couple of days until we can decide if I have indeed "done damage" to myself.

I do not have time for this! My house is a WRECK, I have company coming for dinner on Saturday, a wedding and a going away party on Sunday...and in case you haven't noticed my ticker over there on the right hand side of your screen...there is a baby coming to live in this house in about 78 days!!

So, in an attempt to get SOMETHING done... headache and injured foot be damned...today became somewhat of a "baby" day.

While my younger children tried to make sure I was fed and attended to, I sat in a semi-dark room and checked out some baby websites, worked on an invitation list, found a free pattern to make a cover for the Moses basket Bubbie got the Wee One for Christmas, and looked into recommended books and toys for babies on grandparents.com.

Then, after my first born and I managed to pound out a final invitation list and got her registered online, I drug myself out to Starbucks to visit with a few friends so that we could make some plans for the Wee One's baby shower.

ONLY for my first born grandchild would I venture out on this brilliantly bright, 11 degree, January day. Do you KNOW how much pain the sun, reflecting off a yard full of snow, can cause to an already addled brain!?!?

I made it through another day though...thanks to three great kids, a few devoted friends and the POW OW ER ER ER OF OF OF THE EE EE IN TER ER ER NE E ET ET!

No comments: